Seduction is one of those freestyle girl groups to come out of the late 1980s. The trio was established by the dance duo/produce team Clivilles & Cole. Robert Clivilles and David Cole are also known for having been a part of the C+C Music Factory group. The ladies went on to have a handful of hits in the US, including their hit “Two To Make It Right,” just barely missing the top spot of the Billboard Hot 100, peaking at #2. That same single, did however, reach the top spot over on the US Billboard Dance Club Songs chart.
The ladies of Seduction include Michelle Visage, April Harris, and Idalis DeLeón. Shortly after forming, Idalis left the group and was replaced by Sinoa Loren. After several more hits, the group ended up disbanding. In 2004, original member April gained the rights to the group name, and decided to reassemble the trio by adding two new members, Maria Flora and Eunice Quiñones. Idalis ended up pursuing a career in acting, while Michelle performed guest vocals on a number of songs. Michelle is also well-known as a co-host of the one of the judges from The RuPaul Show, as well as a permanent panel judge on RuPaul’s Drag Race competition show.
FUN FACT: In the beginning, the original idea for Seduction was simply a one-time one-vocalist ensemble, with the intended purpose of releasing one single, appropriately titled “Seduction.” The song went on to become a Top 20 dance hit, pushing the production team to create an actual group. That’s when they hired three female vocalists, and put them in the studio to record a full-length album. On the album, they changed the name of that original single, now calling it “Seduction’s Theme.” Also worth noting, the vocals on that track were recorded by Carol Cooper.
FUN FACT #2: The group’s second single, “(You’re My One and Only) True Love,” features uncredited vocals by Martha Wash.
My favorite remix of each single by Seduction (and solo projects) is listed in chronological order below.
- Seduction (Vocal Club Mix)
- (You’re My One And Only) True Love (The Clivilles & Cole Vocal-Club Mix)
- Two To Make It Right (The Cole & Clivilles Club Mix)
- Heartbeat (The Clivilles & Cole Club Mix)
- Could This Be Love (Quiet Storm Remix)
- Breakdown (Clivilles & Cole Club Mix)
- Groove Me (Club Mix)
- One Mistake (Master Mix)
- All Night Long (feat. Saddler) (Main Mix)
- Feel Brand New (Junior Vasquez Radio Edit)
- Alright (Original Version)
- Love’s Here (Original Version)
- Two To Make It Right 2010 (Re-Recorded & Remastered Version)
- (You’re My One And Only) True Love 2010 (Re-Recorded & Remastered Version)
- Crash (Have Some Fun) (with TKA) (Stop Short Mix)
- It’s Gonna Be A Lovely Day (with The S.O.U.L. S.Y.S.T.E.M.) (Pop Radio Edit)
- Viva El Circuito (with William Umana) (Edgar Velazquez Tribal Mix)
- Rescue My Love (with William Umana) (William Umana Remix)
- Falling (with William Umana) (William Umana Remix)
- Stay With Me (with William Umana) (William Umana Remix)
- Breakaway (with William Umana) (Sayonara Mix)
- Where Is The Love (Mike Cruz Radio Edit)
SEDUCTION WANTED LIST:
- Alright (any remix)
- Love’s Here (any remix)
- 24/7 (by SKY feat. Sinoa)
- remixes of any song title not listed above
* My favorite remixes are of personal opinion entirely. All remixes in my collection are edited versions that were either released as professional edits or edited using my personal editing software. This page will be updated as new favorites are added, and new songs are released by the artist. If anyone can supply a track from my Wanted List, please contact me.