I can remember the very first time I heard Company B on the radio. It was the late 80′s and I was still in school. I would pull out my boombox on the weekends and listen to the Rick Dees Weekly Top 40, as well as the Saturday night Open House Party with John Garabedian. The song “Fascinated” came on and I remember thinking “Wow. Now this is some serious dance music ahead of it’s time.” Needless to say, I bought the single, the full-length album, and was instantly a Company B fan.
Company B originated with three ladies that included Lori Ledesma, Charlotte McKinnon and Susan Johnson. Charlotte was the lead vocals on their debut hit “Fascinated,” but before the group’s self-titled album was even released, she left the group and was replaced by Lezlee Livrano. Over the years, the group eventually went through three more lineup changes, but at least one original member has always remained in the lineup. From each member, I was only able to find solo projects from three of them. Charlotte has the largest contribution of solo projects among all of the ladies, but I was also able to locate one project with Sheena B, and two from Donna Huntley. I will do a separate article on each of these ladies dance music contributions.
The group’s greatest success came with their self-titled debut album. It generated four hit singles on the US Billboard Dance Club Play songs chart. Their biggest being the #1 hit, “Fascinated.” The other three included “Full Circle,” “Signed In Your Book Of Love,” and “Perfect Lover.” “Fascinated” also reached #21 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
The group is still active and performing live shows across the country. They’ve even released a new single this past summer, appropriately titled “Cruel Summer.” And yes, it is a remake of the original Bananarama tune. It has been released with EDM remixes featuring Saul Alvarez, Sies Naipal, and Chinea.
I have yet to see any of these ladies in concert, but it would be great to catch them on one of the 80′s Freestyle Explosion concerts. Crossing my fingers!
These are my favorite remixes of Company B songs, listed in chronological order:
- Fascinated (Mastermind Herbie Spellbound Remix)
- Jam On Me (12 Inch Remix)
- Full Circle (Ciro Llerena Club Remix)
- Perfect Lover (Ciro Llerena Club Remix)
- The Miami Megamix (Peter Vriends Remix)
- Signed In Your Book Of Love (Ciro Llerena Club Remix)
- Sticky Fingers (Original Version)
- You Stole My Heart (Ciro Llerena Fascination Remix)
- Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy (Original Version)
- Gotta Dance (Original Version)
- Goddess Of Love (Triple L Mixers Club Mix)
- Spin Me Around 1996
- Jam On Me 1996
- Fascinated ’98 (Funky Mix)
- Fascinated 2007 (Speedo Mix)
- Soldier Boy (feat. Qwest) (Original Version)
- Fascinated 2010 (Noel Sanger’s En Vivo Desde Miami Remix)
- Fascinated 2K15 (Barry Harris Remix)
- Cruel Summer (EDM Too Hot Remix)
COMPANY B WANTED LIST:
- Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy (any remix)
- Gotta Dance (any remix)
- Spin Me Around (any remix)
- Sticky Fingers (any remix)
- Soldier Boy (any remix)
- …remixes of any song title not listed above
*My favorite remixes are of personal opinion entirely. All remixes in my collection are edited versions that were either released as professional edits or edited using my personal editing software. This page will be updated as new favorites are added, and new songs are released by the artist. If anyone can supply a track from my Wanted List, please contact me.